Avocado Salad with Shrimp
Here’s a very quick and easy favorite of ours, The base avocado salad is very fresh, has a wonderful crunchy texture, and is very versatile… this recipe calls for shrimp, however the salad on its own with some crackers or chips makes great finger food for buffets, or an appetizer, with tuna or shrimp it makes an excellent lunch, but tonight it was actually a very satisfying dinner.
For the salad
- 5 oz Avocado diced
- 2.5 oz Red Onion diced
- 2 oz Cucumber diced
- 2.5 oz Carrot diced (baby carrots are nice)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Honey Mustard Vinaigrette <-- click for recipe
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste (you can add other spices if you like a little cayenne pepper adds a welcome kick)
- 8 oz Jumbo Shrimp peeled & de-veined
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil for frying
To make the Salad
- Place all the ingredients for the salad into a mixing bowl and mix well
- Add salt and pepper to taste
For the Shrimp
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan or skillet
- When hot, add the shrimp, and fry until pink and cooked through
To serve (like the photo), take a about a 1 cup flat bottomed bowl, and place 1 portion of the shrimp as a layer in the bottom, spoon half the salad on top of the shrimp, press down lightly, the turn out in the center of a plate, repeat for 2nd serving.
Calories: 365kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 21gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 264mgPotassium: 590mgFiber: 7gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!