Basil Pesto Spaghetti Squash
I hadn't used spaghetti squash until about 18 months ago. As an alternative to spaghetti or angel hair pasta, this amazing product of nature, delivers an incredible result. Just roasting it in the oven also makes it easy to prepare and quick to clean up... Win, Win, Win
- 1 each Spaghetti Squash
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 4 tbsp Basil Pesto (our recipe)
- Salt & ground black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the top and bottom off the squash and cut across into 5 round slices. (skin still on)
- Place into a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 the olive oil, turn over the slices over and drizzle the remaining 1/2 of the olive oil on the other side.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes
- Take the Squash out of the oven and test the flesh can "take a fork". Then use a couple of forks to pull the flesh from with the skins and you will see the squash turn into noodle like strands. Complete this for all the slices, then split into 4 portions
- Stir the Basil Pesto through the hot noodles and serve immediately.
Sodium: 524mgSugar: 6gFiber: 4gPotassium: 317mgCalories: 253kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gFat: 21gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!