Bursting Breakfast Burrito
Here's a new breakfast twist... bursting breakfast burrito is fun to eat (read tricky) and totally satisfying. As with a number of our recipes, you can use this as a base, to add your own touches to the dish. Looking forward to hearing what you've done to make it your own.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 oz Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 4 eggs Large Eggs beaten
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp Mustard powder
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 1 oz Non dairy cheddar cheese shreds we use Follow Your Heart Cheddar Shreds
- 2 flat breads Paleo Flat Bread <- click for our recipe
- 1 cup Fresh spinach _roughly chopped
- In a large pan or skillet heat the coconut oil over a medium heat, when hot fry the onions for 2-3 minutes until slightly browned at the edges
- Add in the mushrooms and stir until cooked.
- With the flat breads on plate, start to layer the burrito, keep most the mixture near the center so that you can roll it more easily. Begin with the spinach, then the egg mixture, then top with the cheese shreds.
- Roll/fold the flat bread around the filling and eat 🙂
Calories: 427kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 21gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 555mgSodium: 898mgPotassium: 152mgFiber: 4gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!