Cauliflower Rice Stir-fry
Originally designed for the "Core 4" this veg stir-fry provides a very easy to digest side dish. Add some chicken or fish, and you get a satisfying and extremely colorful main dish.
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 oz Red Onion Diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp Ginger, Fresh finely diced/sliced
- 12 oz Cauliflower "Riced"
- 4 oz Carrots Sliced finely
- 3 oz Brussel Sprouts Sliced finely, lengthwise
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 cup Vegetable broth
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan/wok and stir fry the onions and garlic for about 1 minute.
- Now add the ginger, sprouts, carrots and cauliflower. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes
- Add the coconut aminos, stir in and then add the broth
- Stir, letting some of the liquid absorb into the veg for 3-4 minutes.
- Check the veg, carrots and sprouts should still have a good amount of bite to them, and be vibrant in color
- Add a little salt and pepper to taste and serve hot
The term “Ricing” refers to the process of blending a vegetable into small rice sized pieces. Cauliflower florets lend themselves particularly well to this style of prep.
Calories: 395kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 6gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 651mgPotassium: 1050mgFiber: 13gSugar: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!