Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Hearty and full of flavor, our Chicken and Mushroom soup is a small variation on our Satisfying Creamy Mushroom Spinach Soup… The chicken stock and chicken meat add a wonderful flavor, plus some additional protein to the balance this dish.
- 4 oz Red Onion
- 2 cups Fresh spinach roughly chopped (or substitute for kale if you prefer)
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms or mix it up with your favorite type
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh or Dried Sage
- 3 cloves Garlic diced
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Chicken stock Home made is best
- 4 oz Roast chicken Chopped I used roast chicken meat
- 1/4 tsp Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Saute the onions in the coconut oil, over a medium heat until they have softened, but not browned
- Add in the mushrooms and garlic stirring regularly until the mushrooms are cooked through, usually around 3-5 minutes
- Stir in the spinach and cilantro, and allow the spinach to wilt slightly (for the freshest result, we want to cook the spinach as little as possible)
- Carefully poor the hot mixture into a blender and blend until smooth
- Remove the center cap from the blender lid, and on a low setting, pour in the coconut milk
- Once combined, turn off the blender and split the soup between 2 bowls
- Sprinkle the remaining chicken pieces onto the top of each soup and serve
- If the soup needs reheating, simply pour back into the pan, and heat over a low setting until steaming.
Macro Nutrient Breakdown
TOPTIP : Don’t spend too long chopping/prepping, its going in a blender at the end anyway 🙂 If you’d like to add a little kick, then 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper goes really well in this dish, but does mean it wouldn’t be nightshade free Swap out spinach for Kale, add different mushrooms, or even other meats, you can switch up pretty much anything to make it a little different.
Calories: 399kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 27gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 450mgPotassium: 556mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!