Clean Cabbage Slaw
Our Clean Cabbage Slaw, is as versatile as it is healthy. We have a very eclectic family. While we love Paleo, we all have a slightly different versions based on our food choices. We have carnivores, a pescatarian and a vegan. This works for everyone! You can eat it on it’s own or add, shrimp, chicken, avocado or whatever takes your fancy. We’ve also taken it on some of our picnics. Originally based on our Lime and Walnut Cabbage Slaw, we just made a few modifications based on what was in the house. Swapped the walnuts for pecans and the lime for lemon, added carrot and red onions.
- 1 lb White Cabbage Shredded
- 5 oz Carrot Shredded
- 4.5 oz Red Onion Shredded
- 6 tbsp Almond oil
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice Freshly Squeezed
- 1 cup Pecan halves, Raw Broken up
- 1 fruit Lemon Zest
- 4 tbsp Fresh Cilantro Finely chopped, Optional
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lb Red Cabbage Shredded
- Shred the cabbage, carrot and onion in the food processor (or slice finely)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 3gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 33mgPotassium: 371mgFiber: 5gSugar: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!