Coconut crusted scallops
Light and delicious, easy and quick summer's evening dinner. So put on some good music, gather your ingredients, smile at the thought of your delicious dinner. It's best if you're cooking with your friend.
- 1 lb Sea Scallops, Large sustainably wild caught. Thawed & Dried
- 2 cups Kale organic
- 4 slices pineapple fresh organic, already cut into spears
- 1 tbsp butter raw organic pastured
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil organic
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut, Unsweetened
- 1 medium Avocado Haas
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar aged Modena
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- Himalayan Salt
- Cut the pineapple spears into bite sized chunks.
- Roll the thawed and dried scallops in the shredded coconut.
- Place the pans on the stove top to heat (don't overheat).
- Once the bigger of the two pans are heated, and ready put half of the butter and oil in it to melt.
- Then place the kale and pineapple in the pan and saute it together, after about 5 minutes place the lid and let it simmer for about 5 minutes (to continue while the scallops are sauteing in the other pan.)
- Add the remaining butter and oil to the other heated pan and when bubbling add the scallops to saute. Brown them to get the coconut crusty, turn them over to brown the other side. These cook quickly in about 2.5 minutes on each side so watch them. Don't overcook them or they'll be rubbery.
- Slice the ripe avocado and fan it out on two plates, drizzle the balsamic vinegar and olive oil dressing over it, lightly salt with pink Himalayan salt.
- Plate your dinner and enjoy with a crisp chilled refreshing drink. Cheers!
If you want to make this Dairy Free, just replace the butter with extra coconut oil.
Sodium: 495mgSugar: 20gFiber: 10gPotassium: 564mgCholesterol: 86mgCalories: 715kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 25gFat: 46gProtein: 42gCarbohydrates: 42g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!