Coconut Lime Bars – Key Lime Heaven
Even though the recipe doesn’t include key limes, these Coconut Lime Bars are my answer to Key Lime Pie which is my favorite desert…next to anything with chocolate. These are simply yummazing!
- 3/4 cup Almonds Whole, Raw
- 1/4 cup Cashews, Raw
- 9 Medjool Dates pitted
- 2 fruit Limes Juice & Zest
- 1/3 cup Shredded coconut, Unsweetened
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Remove the Pits from the dates
- Squeeze the juice of 2 limes and set aside
- Line a Pyrex container with parchment paper ( I use a 3 cup Pyrex dish)
- Add all ingredients + zest of 2 limes (reserve a 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut to top the bars)
- Pulse until the mixture comes together. The ingredients should be slightly sticky and holding together when you squash it.
- Spoon mixture out evenly into the Pyrex dish. Press down with spoon.
- Poor the remaining shredded coconut across the top and press down so it sticks to the bars.
- Cut to your desired size and eat immediately or they can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week..although they’ve never lasted that long in this house.
Sodium: 34mgSugar: 9gFiber: 2gPotassium: 112mgCalories: 101kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 5gProtein: 2gCarbohydrates: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!