Easy Creamy Cauliflower Mash
All the home comfort of mashed potato, without the potato. Perfect for paleo meals, and keeping the carbs low. If you love mashed potato, but are pushing for paleo perfection, or are just trying to keep your carbs low, this creamy, rich and tasty cauliflower mash matches many dishes and is just perfect to warm you up as we get into fall and winter. It would make a great addition to your thanksgiving banquet.
- 40 oz Cauliflower
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 tbsp Fresh Horseradish Grated
- 14 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms Halved, Then Sliced
- 4 oz Non dairy cheddar cheese shreds
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, place the cauliflower in enough water to cover, and bring to the boil. (or steam if you prefer)
- Boil for 10-15 minutes, or until cauliflower is soft when pressed with a fork.
- Whilst the cauliflower is boiling, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet or frying-pan, medium heat.
- Add the garlic, horseradish and the mushrooms and fry until the mushrooms are cooked, set to one side.
- Once the cauliflower is cooked, drain and return to the saucepan to mash. Use a potato masher to mash until relatively smooth (how smooth is personal taste). You can even use a hand whisk or hand blender to make a really fine puree.
- Now stir the mushroom mixture and cheese, into the mashed cauliflower, season with a little salt and pepper and return to a low heat, stirring until the cheese is fully melted. Serve immediately.
Calories: 212kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 6gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 264mgPotassium: 586mgFiber: 6gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!