Fabulous Flax Crackers
Add a little quacamole, or some sashimi, ahi tuna, shrimp you name it, these crackers can be topped with it. They are simple and quick to make, with only 4 ingredients, it really couldn't be easier...
- 1 Cup Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F
- Mix ALL ingredients in a bowl
- Place a lightly greased sheet of parchment paper on a large baking sheet, and spoon the mixture onto it
- Cover with another piece of parchment paper (again lightly greased) and using a rolling pin, roll out to about 1/8 inch thick, keep it as even as possible.
- Remove the top parchment layer, and check the edges, if they look too thin, take a knife, cut them away and add them to other thinner areas... reapply the top parchment and re-roll as required.
- Remove the top parchment layer and bake in the oven for around 15 minutes, check the center, you are looking for it to no longer be soft. DO NOT let the edges get brown.
- Allow it to cool and then cut into pieces with a pizza cutter
As with most recipes, you can add or change spices and flavorings to suit. We like a little lime sometimes, other times a couple of tsps of garlic powder. So get adventurous and let us know what you find! Try it with our Avocado Dip
Macro Nutrient Breakdown
Calories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 8gFat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 247mgPotassium: 172mgFiber: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!