Gluten Free Flax Bread
Flax Bread makes a great addition for soups, and stands on it's own as one of the few gluten free paleo, high fat breads you can actually use for sandwiches... I have even made a "double decker" with sausage and egg filling!!! Pretty versatile.
- 2 Cups Flaxseed Meal
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder Aluminium Free
- 1 Tsp Himalayan Salt
- 5 each Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients, then add to the dry, combining well.
- Let the mix "rest" for 2-3 minutes to thicken
- Spoon the mixture into a standard loaf tin (you can make a mini loaf/roll sizes if you prefer)
- Bake in the oven for around 23-25 minutes, when you touch the top of the loaf to check, it should spring back when you press on it.
- Leave to cool, then slice to eat
Calories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 5gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 311mgPotassium: 92mgFiber: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!