Grain Free Popcorn
Cauliflower is classified as a “superfood” and is a versatile staple everyone should have in their kitchen. This recipe is great for those like me, missing popcorn when watching a movie. Its not crunchy like popcorn (although if using a dehydrator it can be) but was, very much like popcorn, gone before the movie started. So has now made it onto my list of warm comfort snacks, which are low cal, and healthy.
- 22 oz Cauliflower Medium
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast We use this : Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil or Olive Oil or half of each
- Salt & ground black pepper To taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets
- Place all the ingredients above along with a splash of water in a gallon size bag and shake enthusiastically.
- Place contents on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toasty.
You can add more Nutritional Yeast to make it cheesier. Feel free to experiment with other ingredients such as raw honey, chili and lime or drizzeled with chocolate. I have seen recipes where a dehydrator is used but you will have to wait 12-24 hours @ 115 degrees. The dehydrator does make it crispier, but it’s all just choice
Calories: 159kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 12gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.4gSodium: 99mgPotassium: 946mgFiber: 10gSugar: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!