Lentil Soup (Dal)
This Lentil soup is a modified version from cookeandkate.com. It's now "nightshade free" and increase the healthy fats. Yes, I said INCREASE the healthy fats. If nightshades aren't an issue for you, feel free to cut the amount of carrots in half, add some roasted tomatoes and turn up the heat with some red pepper flakes. Of course, if you still want a bit of heat without impacting inflammation, you can add a bit of shredded horseradish.
- 1.5 cups Sweet Onion approximately, one large onion
- 2 cups Carrots approximately 4 medium size carrots
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Aromatic Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Dried thyme
- 1 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 4 cups Vegetable broth
- 1 cup Sprouted Green Lentils
- 2 cups Kale or Spinach
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice or juice from half a large lemon
- 2 cups Water
- Heat the olive oil in large pot or dutch oven and add the first set of ingredients ( onions, garlic and carrots). Cook until they start to shine (the onion becomes a little translucent)
- Add the spices and heat until you can smell the aroma
- Add the lentils, broth and water then bring to a boil for 2 minutes
- Lower the heat to simmer for 25-30 minutes or until lentils are tender but not mooshy
- Take 2 cups of the soup and place in the blender and puree
- Add the puree soup back into the pot adding the Kale (or spinach) until softened.
- Remove from heat, stir in the lemon juice and serve!
Calories: 354kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 11gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 727mgPotassium: 480mgFiber: 11gSugar: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!