Nutty Broccoli, with a Mustard Kick
Vibrant greens with a little punch and a sweet crunch. Nutty Broccoli is one of those sides that looks and tastes amazing with a simple meal or as part of a banquet table. I love to put this out for the family at Thanksgiving, Christmas or just on a weekday evening. I enjoy broccoli with some bite to it, so don't overdo the steaming/boiling of the florets at the start, plus the green color when its cooked just right really brightens up any dish.
- 12 oz Broccoli Florets
- 4 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 oz Red Onion Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 2 oz Walnut pieces, Raw
- 2 Medjool Dates Pitted & Finely Sliced
- 2 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- Steam the broccoli until just tender, then set aside to drain
- Whilst the broccoli is draining... heat the coconut oil over a medium heat, in a large skilled or frying pan
- Stir fry the onion, until it begins to soften
- Add the garlic and stir for another minute, before adding the walnuts, dates and mustard. Cook until the onions are starting to caramelize
- If it starts to stick, add 1/4 cup of water to the pan to de-glaze it..
- Add the broccoli to the pan, mix well until the broccoli has heated back through
Calories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 6gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 177mgPotassium: 102mgFiber: 4gSugar: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!