Paleo Cinnamon Spice Cake
Perfect for those winter evenings.. although don't let the sunshine and summer hold you back either. Paleo Cinnamon Spiced Cake is, vegan, gluten free, dairy free and brimming with cinnamon goodness.
2x Flax Eggs
- 3 tbsp Flaxseed Meal Ground
- 9 tbsp Water
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut, Unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil or butter
- 1/4 cup Local Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
To make the "drizzle"
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon Fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Local Raw Honey
- 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
To make the "cream cheese filling"
- 1/2 cup Cashews, Raw Soaked, 1hr in hot water
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp Local Raw Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Salt
- Add the 3 tbsp of ground flax seed to 9 tbsp of water, and let sit for 5 minutes until it becomes goopy
Making the Cake
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease 1 x 9" cake tin with a little coconut oil
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well
- In a second large mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well
- Combine all the wet ingredients into the Dry, and mix well
- Pour the batter into the cake tine and bake for 20-25 minutes, remove from the tin, let it cool
Making the "Drizzle"
- Combine all the "drizzle" ingredients, blend until creamy smooth
Making the Cream Cheese Filling
- Place all the "cream cheese filling" ingredients in your food processor, add 1 tbsp of the drizzle from above and blend until creamy.
Building the Cake
- This is probably the most complex part of the cake... and depends on how many layers you want it to have. For a double layer, cut the cake half, spread the filling on the bottom layer. Place the second cake layer on top, and spread with the remaining filling. Finish with the "drizzle" with a little artistic flair. If you want 3 layers... see the notes for suggestions.
1 tbsp of Ground Flax Seed, mixed with 3 tbsp, is equivalent to 1 large egg Want to know more about the amazing benefits of Cinnamon... check out our article Cinnamon: The Best Power House of Flavor & Health Benefits If you want to make a triple layer cake, then make 3 of the cake layers above. IMPORTANT: do this in 3 separate batches, as the flax doesn't scale that well for larger quantities.... so you make the whole recipe above for one cake layer, and make it again for another. Then build as above (except no need to cut the single layer in half) The "triple" cake should comfortably make 12 slices.
Calories: 429kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 6gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 232mgPotassium: 1mgFiber: 10gSugar: 23g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!