Paleo Herb Flat-bread
A versatile flat-bread, can be used for wraps, Mexican dishes, and our great flat-bread pizza. The herbs are optional but add a really nice touch when using them for lunch wraps. It's gluten free, dairy free, soy free, Paleo, and quick... need any more reasons ?We've tried several different versions of tortilla recipes, this one was inspired by the Simple Paleo Tortilla recipe from Stupid Easy Paleo, and with a few tweaks has become a firm favorite.
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot starch
- 4 tsp Coconut flour
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs optional
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp Water
- 2 tsp Coconut Oil
Making the batter
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and combine well
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, water and coconut oil
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until you have smooth batter
- Heat an 8" frying pan or skillet over a medium heat, add a little oil (we use a coconut oil spray)
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, pour the mixture into the preheated pan
- Cook for about 1 minute each side
- Can be served warm, or allowed to cool.
Make up a bunch, keep them refrigerated or freeze, they keep well.
Macro Nutrient Breakdown
Calories: 154kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 7gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gCholesterol: 185mgSodium: 594mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!