Perfect Paleo Pancakes
Can’t say enough good things about these Paleo pancakes, we eat them usually once a week, on the weekends, they are delicious and a completely wonderful gluten/dairy free Paleo alternative to the traditional american breakfast pancake.This recipe was inspired by Everyday Paleo: Thai Cuisine: Authentic Recipes Made Gluten-free, by Sarah Fragoso, its a great book and has given us the ability to continue to enjoy one of our favorite cuisines, whilst maintaining healthy and well balanced meal program.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil as required whilst cooking.
Making the pancake batter
- Combine the coconut flour and arrowroot in a large mixing bowl, and mix well
- In another bowl, beat the eggs together with the coconut milk and maple syrup (or honey)
- Now poor the egg mix into the flour mix and whisk (by hand or machine) until you have a smooth batter
- Heat 1tbsp of coconut oil in a large pan or skillet (you will need more oil as you cook more pancakes)
- Use a 1/4 cup measure of the mixture per pancake, pour into the pan and cook until lightly browned on each side
- Stack pancakes on the plate, add desired toppings and as always… ENJOY
Optional extras:Add Chocolate Chips into the batter mix before cooking, for a sweet treat, we use these: Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, Gluten, Dairy, nut & Soy Free, Mini Chips The pancakes always look and taste great with some fresh berries on the top, add your favorite and let us know what works best for you
Calories: 186kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 4gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 206mgPotassium: 35mgFiber: 2gSugar: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!