Scallops with Roasted Veg under 500 calories
Scallops with Roasted Veg, is simple to prepare, EASY to cook, and a breeze to clean up after. I love one pot cooking, less fuss, less mess, and it allows the flavors to infuse throughout the dish. This meal weighs in comfortably under 500 calories, so is perfect for a fast day meal.
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 oz Red Onion cut into large chunks
- 3 oz Carrots Baby carrots have a nice sweet flavor
- 2 oz Raw Beet
- 12 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms halved
- 6 oz Brussel Sprouts
- 2 cloves Garlic quartered
- 1 tsp Turmeric, ground
- 1 tsp Cumin, ground
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 12 oz Sea Scallops, Large Fresh or properly thawed
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Add the veg to the pan and toss them around to coat with the oil
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then stir the veg to ensure coated well with the oil again, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes
- After the 2nd 10 minutes is up, add the scallops to the pan, turn them over in the oil to coat and return the pan to the oven for the final 10 minutes (or until the scallops are cooked through)
- Plate up with the veg first, then the top with scallops, and finally pour any remaining juices/oil from the pan over the meal to finish it off
The final 10 minutes cooking time may vary depending on the size of the scallops.
Macro Nutrient Breakdown
Calories: 478kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 43gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 18gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 557mgPotassium: 679mgFiber: 7gSugar: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!