For anyone with restrictions on what they can eat, making staple items at home can bring piece of mind. These Vegan Grounds are not only vegan but, are also free of soy, dairy, gluten and nightshades….oh my and oh yes! Perfect to add to our fake-mato sauce and the spaghetti squash for your very own vegan paleo spaghetti bolognese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- “Rice” the cauliflower (Cut the cauliflower in small pieces, place in a food processor and pulse till it looks like grains of rice)
- Place the “riced” cauliflower in a bowl and set aside
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and pulse till well combined
- Add all the ingredients the bowl of “riced”cauliflower. Using your hands combine everything together until well blended ( I know this will be your favorite part)
- Prepare a 17 x 12 cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the mixture in a thin layer on the parchment paper
- Cook for an initial 40 minutes then remove the tray from the oven and stir the mixture around. Place back in the oven and repeat the process every 20 minutes until the mixture is toasty.
Caution: if you need to keep it in longer than the second round of 20 minutes, reduce the time to 10 min to avoid over cooking.
Calories: 244kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 5gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 236mgPotassium: 241mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!