Vegan Paleo Spaghetti Bolognese
Ok, so there's not ground beef, no pasta, and no tomatoes... hence the alternative. But it delivers on flavor, textures and satisfaction... Give it a go! I Dare You!
- 2 each Spaghetti Squash
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- Salt & ground black pepper for seasoning
- 4 ptns Fake-mato Sauce (our recipe)
- 4 ptns Vegan Grounds (our recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the top and bottom off the squash and cut across into 5 round slices. (skin still on)
- Place into a baking tray and drizzle with 1/2 the olive oil, turn over the slices over and drizzle the remaining 1/2 of the olive oil on the other side.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes
- Take the Squash out of the oven and test the flesh can "take a fork". Then use a couple of forks to pull the flesh from with the skins and you will see the squash turn into noodle like strands. Complete this for all the slices, then split into 4 portions
- Heat the Fake-mato sauce, and vegan grounds in a saucepan, simmer for 10-15 minutes. Tip: You can do this for the last 15 minutes of the cooking time for the Spaghetti Squash
Cooking Time/Prep Time assumes Fake-mato sauce & vegan grounds have been made in advance. (although you could make the sauce in the time the squash is cooking)
Calories: 599kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 9gFat: 44gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gSodium: 1410mgPotassium: 1202mgFiber: 15gSugar: 23g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!