Vegan Roti Bread
Not just for Indian food anymore, this works well in place of any flat bread. Wrap it, tear it, soak it, dip it. You can make it as sweet or savory as you like with your own herb combinations.
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot starch
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 cup Shredded coconut, Unsweetened Optional : can also use ground coconut
- 1 can Coconut Milk full fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add coconut milk to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Let the mixture stand for 5 minutes to set.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spray a mall frying pan with Spectrum Coconut oil spray and heat up pan on medium high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, add mixture to the pan and spread out until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Cook until golden on both sides
- When cooked, remove and place on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of mixture.
- Once completed with frying, place the cookie sheet with pieces of bread in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until desired crispness.
Calories: 254kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 3gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 15gSodium: 432mgPotassium: 126mgFiber: 5gSugar: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!