Vegetable "Bone" Broth
Vegetable "bone" broth is packed with flavor, has great detox properties and is quick to prepare. That's why it's great in many different detox/cleanses.
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 10 oz onions (2 Medium)
- 2 Celery Medium Stalks/Halved
- 6 oz Carrots (2 Large)
- 3 oz Beet (1 medium) Chopped
- 3 oz Fresh spinach or Kale
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp Turmeric, ground
- 5 g Pacific Kombu
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 8 pints Water
- Chop all veg into small chunks.
- Add salt ,onion, garlic and celery and carrots to a heated pan with the coconut oil
- Sauté until they start to slightly brown. Add remaining ingredients including water.
- Bring to a boil for 5-10 minutes, then simmer on low for 2 hours. Strain broth and discard the vegetables
Calories: 36kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 0.5gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 161mgPotassium: 133mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!