Wholegrain Mustard Crusted Salmon Salad
Love salads during the summer, this one is great for lunch or dinner, and at just under 500 calories, works for our fast day meals too.Salmon has got that meaty feel and so full of flavor, making it a really satisfying and filling meal. Not to mention quick, healthy, fresh, and amazingly balanced. Take a look a the breakdown chart!!Its worth noting Salmon is an excellent source of vitamin B12, vitamin D, and selenium. Also a good source of niacin, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, phosphorus, and vitamin B6… need more reasons ? Avacados contain more potassium then bananas, are loaded with fiber and high in antioxidants like lutein which is important for eye health.
- 4 oz Sockeye Salmon Fillets (Skin Removed)
- 1 tbsp Wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp Coconut Aminos Garlic sauce
For the Salad
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce sliced/shredded
- 1 oz Carrot shredded
- 1 1/2 oz Red Onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Honey Mustard Vinaigrette <- click for the link to our recipe
- 2.5 oz Avocado sliced or diced, (1/2 an avocado)
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
Preparing & Cooking the the Salmon
- Marinade the salmon fillet in the garlic sauce for 15-30 minutes
- Remove the filet from the marinade, and using the back of a spoon or a knife, spread the mustard evenly across the top of the filet only
- With the broiler on High, place the salmon on a baking sheet and cook mustard side up for approx 6-8 minutes, or until done to your liking
Preparing the salad
- Whilst the salmon is cooking…..
- In a large bowl, combine all the salad ingredients and mix to ensure the vinaigrette has coated everything well
- Note: if you dice the avocado, add it in this step, or, if you would prefer (as in the picture) leave it out, slice it and place it on top of the salad when serving
- Plate up the salad, and place the cooked salmon on top, serve immediately
Calories: 491kcalCarbohydrates: 25gProtein: 27gFat: 32gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 518mgPotassium: 496mgFiber: 8gSugar: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!