Lime and Walnut Cabbage Slaw
This Lime and Walnut Cabbage Slaw is just perfect as a side for many meals, a salad on its own, or as the “crunch” side in a main meal.
- 2 lbs White Cabbage shredded
- 6 tbsp Almond oil
- 6 tbsp Lime Juice Freshly Squeezed
- 1 cup Walnut pieces, Raw Broken up
- 0.25 cup Fresh Cilantro Finely chopped, Optional
- Salt & ground black pepper to taste
Add or remove the following optional ingredients for a color boost, and get creative, its a great base to start from.
Oils – You can use a good extra virgin oil, but that tends to add a little too much flavor from the oil for my tastes, don’t use coconut, as it solidifies on the cabbage. Optional :
- Shredded Red Cabbage (split it 50:50 with the white cabbage)
- Shredded Carrot
- Shredded Red Onion
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes…
Calories: 201kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 4gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 20mgPotassium: 296mgFiber: 4gSugar: 4g