Versatile Creamy Spinach with Broiled Salmon
This quick and easy to prep dish is another regular to our table. The creamy sauce feels very indulgent, and complements the Salmon superbly. I can have this from fridge to table in around 20 minutes... and at exactly 500 calories (depending on the size of the salmon filet), its an ideal fast day meal
- 10 oz Sockeye Salmon Fillets (Skin Removed) (2 x 5oz fillets)
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut Oil Organic Unfiltered
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Oil Organic Unfiltered
- 4 oz Red Onion Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic Cloves
- 5 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms Halved, then sliced
- 6 oz Zucchini Cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs Preferably Italian
- 4 cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 4 tbsp Dairy Free Cream Cheese we use the Daiya one
Whilst the salmon is cooking..... In a large skillet or frying pan, heat the coconut oil and fry the onions and garlic until softened.
Add the mushrooms, zucchini and mixed herbs, stir until mushrooms are cooked, the zucchini will be done around the same time.
Add the spinach and stir until wilted
Turn the heat down to low, and add the dairy free cream cheese, stir until fully combined with the other ingredients
Remove from the heat, and serve as soon as possible
Why versatile ? This sauce is very similar to the one used with another of our recipes, Creamy Italian Salmon, this one has spinach & zucchini added. We've found the creamy texture and flavour works equally well with chicken or pork and on occasion even with added grounds or beef.... so as you can see it really is versatile.
Macro Nutrient Breakdown
Calories: 500kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 38gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.4gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 342mgPotassium: 945mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5g